Front-end web developer
We are a North Kent based design agency who specialise in developing websites that find the perfect balance between being technically accomplished whilst looking exceptionally beautiful. Working with the design team, you’ll be responsible for supporting existing clients as well as developing new websites. You will be involved in all stages of a project lifecycle, from concept and ideation, through to build and continuing to develop and improve on it in the future.
If you think you’d enjoy working with clients as diverse as International watch brands to jazz and river festivals, then you should apply for this role. It will require the candidate to have proven commercial experience and the ability to find solutions for a variety of tasks. More importantly, it requires someone who loves being a web developer; a person who would relish the opportunity to learn new skills; an individual that will help shape the future of the company.
- Developing high quality front-end code for new builds and maintaining and developing existing sites.
- Contributing to the general standard of frontend development within the company and taking ownership of improving and maintaining this to a good standard.
- Advising on frontend best practices and ideal approaches and techniques to use on projects.
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS3, jQuery (or vanilla JS)
- Experience using SASS (OOCSS and BEM notation)
- Knowledge of the Twig templating engine
- Strong frontend knowledge, including responsive web development
- Strong understanding with version control using Git
- Awareness of compatibility pitfalls with older browsers
- Progressive enhancement and responsive design techniques
- Knowledge of best practices for web performance, accessibility and usability
- Understanding of UI/UX design process and design best practices
- Experience building eCommerce websites
- Curiosity about new technologies, eager to learn new things
- 5 years+ commercial development experience
Desirable Skills, but not essential
- Experience with NPM, Bower, and grunt
- Understanding of PHP, bonus if it’s with CraftCMS
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
If you think this is the job for you then please send your CV, a link to your online portfolio and salary expectations to [email protected]